US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y2Johnny said:
So would Ranma work using that method?
No idea I'm afraid. I don't have Ranma to test, and unlike the Sentai method (where you can pretty much guarantee every title will work) there's just no way to tell with Viz's stuff.
I have a handful of Viz's stuff, and out of them the three Berserk movies, Moribito, Lagrange S1 and both Tiger & Bunny sets all work. The Accel World sets are the only ones I have that are fully locked.

Mangaranga said:
Y2Johnny said:
So would Ranma work using that method?
No idea I'm afraid. I don't have Ranma to test, and unlike the Sentai method (where you can pretty much guarantee every title will work) there's just no way to tell with Viz's stuff.
I have a handful of Viz's stuff, and out of them the three Berserk movies, Moribito, Lagrange S1 and both Tiger & Bunny sets all work. The Accel World sets are the only ones I have that are fully locked.

I see. Thanks for the info :thumb:

B Gata H Kei - Yamada's First Time: Complete Series S.A.V.E. Edition - region A/B same as the original release.

High School DxD New: Complete Series - tested and confirmed region A/B.

Since no-one has pointed it out the InuYasha - Movie Collection can be considered Region Free.

Disc boots up with "Region Locked" screen but if you press title menu / disc menu you'll be taken to the main menu whereby everything works perfectly fine (full access of menu, sub-menu, pop-up menu and the films themselves)

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
thedoctor2016 said:
Any one checked Sailor moon ?

My copy should arrive tomorrow so I'll be able to check it then. Chances are it's region locked.
By the sound of it Sailor Moon is authored by the same people who do most of Viz's releases, so chances are it may play normally by pressing the top menu button at the lock screen.
Accel World and Blood Lad are their only fully locked ones to my knowledge, and they were both authored by Justin Sevakis.
Unfortunately it isn't as I just ran my set through and the top menu button is completely locked out on the region lock screen (it's also locked out on the FBI warning screen in zone A mode and it only works in the episodes).

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I saw the Tsubasa OVA collection Blu-Ray works over here, does anyone know if the DVD does too? I'd love the chance to own it!

Log Horizon Collection 1 is region free

I couldn't become a hero, so I reluctantly decided to get a job is locked but the bypass method works

My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy is locked but it does work on my PS3 and my old Sony Blu-ray player

You can add these few to the list for 'Noted but not tested regions':

Chaos;Head: Complete Series [S.A.V.E.]
Fairy Tail: Collection 3
Kiki's Delivery Service
Princess Mononoke
Space Dandy: Season 1
The Wind Rises

NormanicGrav said:
You can add these few to the list for 'Noted but not tested regions':

Kiki's Delivery Service
Princess Mononoke
The Wind Rises

Probably a safe bet that Chaos;Head and Fairy Tail Collection 3 would region b compatible (seeing as the original versions were)

I assume Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke and The Wind Rises will be region b compatible as well; but that's judging from what ive seen/heard of past ghibli Blu-ray releases.

List has been updated with the following...

Kill La Kill Box Set 2
Log Horizon: Collection 1
Nisekoi: Volume 1

I have also added a list to include the titles that work using the disc menu/pop-up menu buttons.

Thanks everyone. :)

Been meaning to ask. Seen as they are new disc, anyone know is the HOTD CE edition works with the title button trick or is actually coded for B playback as well even though the box states A only?.

SAO Extra Edition
Kill La Kill Volume 3

Annoyingly Aniplex's new habit of not subbing OP/ED songs carries over the SAO Extra.
In Nisekoi and Valvrave's cases the episode OP/EDs are unsubbed, but the creditless versions have them. However in this case there's no NCED on disc which = no song subs at all.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is just them shoving the simulcast subtitles on the disc rather than translating and editing in the song subs. I'm absolutely fine with Aniplex's pricing and release model due to the quality of their releases, but lacking song subs is unacceptable - especially for a localized release where they've pretty much always done it previously.

Mangaranga said:
SAO Extra Edition
Kill La Kill Volume 3

Annoyingly Aniplex's new habit of not subbing OP/ED songs carries over the SAO Extra.
In Nisekoi and Valvrave's cases the episode OP/EDs are unsubbed, but the creditless versions have them. However in this case there's no NCED on disc which = no song subs at all.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is just them shoving the simulcast subtitles on the disc rather than translating and editing in the song subs. I'm absolutely fine with Aniplex's pricing and release model due to the quality of their releases, but lacking song subs is unacceptable - especially for a localized release where they've pretty much always done it previously.

List updated. Thanks for the confirmations. :)

I have also added Tokyo Ravens: Part 1 & Unbreakable Machine-Doll: Complete Series to the list. Thanks to NormanicGrav in the overseas artwork thread for the info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back