US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the TV discs because I used my PS3 on which they play normally, but the movie disc won't allow me to use the top menu button on either the PS3 or Toshiba set to region B. Which is a pity for those who bought and were able to play the TV series discs on their region B equipment, yourself included I think, especially seeing as there isn't even a DVD included with this release.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I don't know about the TV discs because I used my PS3 on which they play normally, but the movie disc won't allow me to use the top menu button on either the PS3 or Toshiba set to region B. Which is a pity for those who bought and were able to play the TV series discs on their region B equipment, yourself included I think, especially seeing as there isn't even a DVD included with this release.

:cry:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but I got the Viz Media release of K The Complete Series from amazon.ca and can confirm that sadly the blu-rays are region locked. Not sure about the DVD's as my player is region free for dvd's.

lelouchnarukami said:
Anyone know the region info for Amagami SS Complete Collection?

It's Sentai, isn't it? So I'm guessing even if it's not region B compatible right away, it'll most likely work with the Sentai method.

Y2Johnny said:
lelouchnarukami said:
Anyone know the region info for Amagami SS Complete Collection?

It's Sentai, isn't it? So I'm guessing even if it's not region B compatible right away, it'll most likely work with the Sentai method.

Who knows, they won't show what the proper region code is for quite a lot of titles this year (same goes for Funimation),

NormanicGrav said:
thedoctor2016 said:
Any one checked Sailor moon ?

My copy should arrive tomorrow so I'll be able to check it then. Chances are it's region locked.

Mine got dispatched today; so hopefully i'll have it by the end of the week (yay another unboxing) xD

Does anyone know if Nadia is region locked? I’m considering importing it.

Also, since the Castle of Cagliostro blu ray is coming soon, it’d be interesting to know if thats region locked. The Discotek release.

NormanicGrav said:
thedoctor2016 said:

My copy should arrive tomorrow so I'll be able to check it then. Chances are it's region locked.
By the sound of it Sailor Moon is authored by the same people who do most of Viz's releases, so chances are it may play normally by pressing the top menu button at the lock screen.
Accel World and Blood Lad are their only fully locked ones to my knowledge, and they were both authored by Justin Sevakis.

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
thedoctor2016 said:

By the sound of it Sailor Moon is authored by the same people who do most of Viz's releases, so chances are it may play normally by pressing the top menu button at the lock screen.
Accel World and Blood Lad are their only fully locked ones to my knowledge, and they were both authored by Justin Sevakis.

So would Ranma work using that method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back