US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. I'll probably just get a cheap region A player from the US to go with my PS3 as well. But first I need to buy a monitor so I can actually use said PS3...

New additions for the 'To be Tested' list:
Fairy Tail: Collection 4
the garden of sinners: recalled out summer [Limited Edition]
-Hanamonogatari-: Suruga Devil Set [Limited Edition]
OniAi: Complete Series [S.A.V.E.]
Ping Pong: The Animation: Complete Series
Soul Eater Not!: Complete Series

Time to bug UK companies about Ping Pong cause I'll be having that US release otherwise. Blind buy but I'm 95% sure I'll love it.

lelouchnarukami said:
How cheap are we talking about when it comes to ordering a Blu-Ray player from the US? (I'm looking to get one. :p)

I'm not sure on ordering from the US but this UK site sells region free players, found the link on this forum a while ago so someone must've purchased one (not this exact model, this is just one I'm looking to buy) and recommended em : http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/product_i ... ts_id=1633

NormanicGrav said:
Titan said:
I have added what Blu-ray's I can remember to the list, if I have missed any please let me know and I will update the list.

Here's the list that I'm aware of that work:
A-Channel - Complete Collection
Amagami SS+ - Complete Collection
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna - Complete Collection
Engaged to the Unidentified - Complete Collection
Golden Time - Collection 2
Hozuki's Coolheadedness - Complete Collection
Log Horizon - Collection 2
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! - Season 1 (Collector's Edition)
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Collection 1
Non Non Biyori - Complete Collection
Noucome: My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy - Complete Collection
Patlabor Mobile Police: The New Files - Complete Collection
The Qwaser of Stigmata - Complete Collection
Space Brothers - Collection 1

NormanicGrav said:
New additions for the 'To be Tested' list:
Fairy Tail: Collection 4
the garden of sinners: recalled out summer [Limited Edition]
-Hanamonogatari-: Suruga Devil Set [Limited Edition]
OniAi: Complete Series [S.A.V.E.]
Ping Pong: The Animation: Complete Series
Soul Eater Not!: Complete Series

Lists updated. Thanks :)

demonix said:
Persona 3 movie 2: Midsummer Knights Dream (Import) needs to be added as a not confirmed (but it's likely to be region free, however I can't 100% confirm this for a few weeks since I got my copy direct instead of the repackaged version from the US).

Added to the list. Thanks :)

lelouchnarukami said:
How cheap are we talking about when it comes to ordering a Blu-Ray player from the US? (I'm looking to get one. :p)

Might be cheaper to just import a US PS3; its what I did several years ago (I picked up an American 60GB PS3 for £100 including shipping - even came with 2 PS3 Games).

Just received Diabolik Lovers today and it plays fine in my PS3 and my Blu-Ray player so I'm not sure whether this is Geo-Locked or not as I couldn't find out what country my Blu-Ray player was set to...

I believe Golden Time Collection 2 to be geo-locked, because like other geo-locked titles, this one plays perfectly in my blu-ray player instead of showing the region lock menu.

EDIT: And it had already been posted. Sorry >_<

lelouchnarukami said:

Well you get one for about $70 plus shipping and customs on eBay.com I was gonna go for it, but I ended up using that cash I saved for it paying some expenses so I will save up for it in the summer again.

Titan said:
Tokyo Ravens: Part 1 - region A locked

Ahh snap I was hoping the mistake on the FUNi store was the other way around, oh well.

Aniplex just gave release details for the following - Sword Art Online II: Box Set 1 (Phantom Bullet Part 1), Expelled from Paradise and Mahouka.

These should be added as green for tbc as region a/b

I've seen some people whose Madoka Magica Rebellion blu rays are arriving already. Can anyone here confirm if they are Region Free/Region AB yet?

IncendiaryLemon said:
I've seen some people whose Madoka Magica Rebellion blu rays are arriving already. Can anyone here confirm if they are Region Free/Region AB yet?

They should be region free, Aniplex of America tend to do that. But just in case, someone on this forum will get one and double check.

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

They should be region free, Aniplex of America tend to do that. But just in case, someone on this forum will get one and double check.

I figured as much, I just don't want to go dropping the already ludicrous price of £40 to import a single movie and have it not work. I just want complete confirmation.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I figured as much, I just don't want to go dropping the already ludicrous price of £40 to import a single movie and have it not work. I just want complete confirmation.
Aniplex BDs are the authored in Japan by the same authoring houses which handle each respective series there. Like the Japanese singles, they don't lock their releases - and they don't really have any reason to since they're distributing their own shows in both Japan and America.

Mangaranga said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Aniplex BDs are the authored in Japan by the same authoring houses which handle each respective series there. Like the Japanese singles, they don't lock their releases - and they don't really have any reason to since they're distributing their own shows in both Japan and America.

Fair enough then. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back