US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-Frag and the uncut Sankarea discs are region AB. Going through your unconfirmed list I can also confirm the following are region B compatible:
- Gurren Lagann Volumes 4 & 5
- Gurren Lagann: The Movies (Childhood's End/Lights In The Sky)
- Kill La Kill Volume 4

Freezing Vibration: Complete Series - tested and confirmed region A/B

Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie -Rebellion- (LE) - region free

Yuki Yuna is a Hero : Part 1 - region free

gotenson said:
hey guys. has anyone checked maid sama yet? any answer would be greatly appricated :)
It's a 2015 Sentai release, so it'll be geo locked meaning it'll work on a zone B capable player if the country code is set to the US.

demonix said:
gotenson said:
hey guys. has anyone checked maid sama yet? any answer would be greatly appricated :)
It's a 2015 Sentai release, so it'll be geo locked meaning it'll work on a zone B capable player if the country code is set to the US.

Does that also mean it'll work on a UK PS3/PS4?

lelouchnarukami said:
demonix said:
gotenson said:

Does that also mean it'll work on a UK PS3/PS4?

Pretty much yes.

Confirmed:
Garden of Sinners: Recalled out Summer
Kill La Kill Volume 5
Hanamonogatari

Sentai Geo-Locked confirmations:
The World God Only Knows: OVAs
The World God Only Knows III

speedyspeck said:
I can confirm that Michiko and Hatchin S.A.V.E Edition is Region B Compatible!
Unless someone can correct me, all SAVE editions use the same discs as the original releases. The original release was AB too.

Mangaranga said:
speedyspeck said:
I can confirm that Michiko and Hatchin S.A.V.E Edition is Region B Compatible!
Unless someone can correct me, all SAVE editions use the same discs as the original releases. The original release was AB too.

I assumed that too, but as the list has both normal editions and save editions posted (Chaos Head, OniAi etc) I thought I'd just confirm for them!

Mangaranga said:

I don't think they all are, if I recall correct the standard edition of Vexille is A but the SAVE edition is AB.

Emulsion said:
Mangaranga said:

I don't think they all are, if I recall correct the standard edition of Vexille is A but the SAVE edition is AB.

Same thing applied to Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle OVA Collection and the Anime Classics edition of Samurai Champloo I think.

NormanicGrav said:
Emulsion said:
Mangaranga said:

Same thing applied to Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle OVA Collection and the Anime Classics edition of Samurai Champloo I think.
It only applied to Samurai Champloo (it was because funimation was doing MVM's release, so they had to create new masters that were region B capable) since only the original release of the Tsubasa reservoir Chronicle OVA is listed on the first post.

demonix said:
It only applied to Samurai Champloo (it was because funimation was doing MVM's release, so they had to create new masters that were region B capable) since only the original release of the Tsubasa reservoir Chronicle OVA is listed on the first post.

Not to be confused with the recent UK Blu-ray release mastering, I'm pretty sure the original Blu-ray release of Champloo was Region A only. They did a second master for the Classics version that attempts to fix the issues that their first upscale had.

NormanicGrav said:
demonix said:

Not to be confused with the recent UK Blu-ray release mastering, I'm pretty sure the original Blu-ray release of Champloo was Region A only. They did a second master for the Classics version that attempts to fix the issues that their first upscale had.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19357

Did you miss that (US version with UK discs in the case meaning that funimation did add zone B capability into the new masters).

demonix said:
NormanicGrav said:
demonix said:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19357

Did you miss that (US version with UK discs in the case meaning that funimation did add zone B capability into the new masters).

When it was originally released (the anime classics version) it didn't have the MVM and BBFC logos on the disc; so maybe FUNimation, in partnership with MVM, did a reprint of the discs and chose to use the UK Disc Artwork (as opposed to discs with two different sets of artwork).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back