What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I think 450W is fine most games/real world usage scenarios don't seem to use that much, looks similar to my old 3080 TI in terms of power as long as I limit what the card can use (I usually set a 90% power limit in Afterburner for the old card, can do similar on the new one). I know the card can take more power but the top end isn't as efficient.

Running Cyberpunk 2077 on the new path tracing mode with frame gen, it was reporting 350W in game and fps was around 100 give or take, so good performance without needing excessive power consumption. The 3080 TI would struggle to keep frames high with RT enabled but this seems to handle things with ease so far.

I'm on a 5900X cpu, I don't tend to upgrade the core system that often, I expect this will last for another couple of years at least, longer if I want it to, though upgrade itch will probably get me at some point. What spec are you going to? I like the white themed stuff can look cool if you lean into it and buy all the matching components.

This is my system but I have a lot of stuff not routed/cable managed, and the sides are off. Case is Lian-Li Dynamics 011 which is fairly popular, need to sort a few things out, but you can see how ludicrous this card is in terms of raw size, and how the cable will not really let me add the side panel back on as it will bending the 12VHPWR cable far too close the clipped in end on the GPU. There is like 20mm of clearance to where the glass would be.

I either need to add a vertical GPU mount which should solve that, or I need an adaptor that can right angle the cable, but I read even the Cablemod ones can melt. These 12VHPWR seem like they're poorly designed.

View attachment 30046
The system I've gone to is a Ryzen 9 7950x with 32gb of 6000mhz ddr5, so quite a significant upgrade. It's a pretty power hungry cpu before even putting in a GPU card, pc partpicker have the tdp around 520w with a 3080 added. I've reduced the temp for thermal throttling down to 80C, it can go to 105C but power efficiency drops pretty hard there.

I'll post Cinebench scores when I've finished setting up the pc, even using the iGPU it will be a no contest between the two.

Last edited:
The system I've gone to is a Ryzen 9 7950x with 32gb of 6000mhz ddr5, so quite a significant upgrade. It's a pretty power hungry cpu before even putting in a GPU card, pc partpicker have the tdp around 520w with a 3080 added. I've reduced the temp for thermal throttling down to 80C, it can go to 105C but power efficiency drops pretty hard there.

I'll post Cinebench scores when I've finished setting up the pc, even using the iGPU it will be a no contest between the two.

Nice that should be a good system! These AMD chips do indeed run pretty power hungry and hot under load. Not sure if I'll go AMD next time or Intel again, typically always had Intel in the past. Hoping for another couple of generations to pass though.

I went from an Intel 9700K which I had in 2019, to this 5900X back in 2021, so I'm already doing pretty well by resisting upgrading given it's been 2 years since my last one! If I can get to 2025 I'd probably re-visit this.

I kept the 9700K system as well, not sure if I will longer term, but it's been handy a couple of times.

If you do wind up with a 3080 I'd definitely recommend power limiting it anyway, at stock it uses more energy but the performance increase is small, and it thermal throttles as well.

Apologies for taking this thread miles off topic, if there is a general pc thread somewhere I'm happy to go post there instead!

Last edited:
2023 HAUL VER 7.5
(note: images are hosted via AUKN for the meantime)

A surprise batch for today as I decided at the last second to take a trip to town before seeing Oppenheimer, because the traffic can be rather messy and last time (for Mission Impossible 7) I almost missed the screening despite planning ahead.

So we have 9 more books for the collection, from retailer Travelling Man as part of their 3 for 2 on Viz Media titles. It has been a while since I picked up any manga at their store because the volumes were not stocked enough but this time they did get some more for specific series.

That said, Black Clover, Blue Exorcist, and The Promised Neverland were out of the running as they didn't have the volumes that I had wanted.

IMG_20230729_164312.jpg

To begin with, we have some books from author Tatsuki Fujimoto. Chainsaw Man: Buddy Stories is a single volume light novel that has four stories included. The other two are Tatsuki Fujimoto Before Chainsaw Man: 17-21 & 22-25 which contain manga stories from before he became known for his work on Fire Punch and Chainsaw Man.

IMG_20230729_164444.jpg

Next we have more Komi Can't Communicate with Volumes 5, 6 & 7. Finally they had more volumes for the earlier stuff but I paused on doing a larger batch so that I had enough funds for other hauls in the coming week or two.

IMG_20230729_164612.jpg

And then we have a new volume for each with Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Volume 8, Mashle: Magic & Muscles Volume 12 and One Punch Man Volume 11.

Which reminds me, I did almost pick up Helck but one of the volumes they had available was damaged on the spine so it didn't make the cut.

Just finished setting up the new system and running Cinebench the scores for the old and new builds are

I7 920
Cpu multi 2258
Cpu single 449

R9 7950x
Cpu multi 36074
Cpu single 1964

So not sure how many of you on here remember the Studio Ghibli shrine I had on the rear window of my white 2012 Scion xB?

ghibshrine1.jpg

Unfortunately, the engine burned up in that car a few months ago, so I have a new(er) Japanese car now - a black 2014 Mazda CX-5. I wanted to do another anime shrine on the back of this car as well, but I decided not to do a similar all-white Studio Ghibli theme, and instead went for a full-color display of anime characters this time. The rear window on this car was a little trickier to work with for displaying decals, due to the slope and curves of the window, and the path of the much larger rear wiper blade, which forced me to keep the decals to the far left and right sides of the window. But, I was still able to get a good selection of anime decals installed, with 5 on each side.

🥳 Ladies and Gentlemen, I now present you with... the Girls with Guns GWG shrine! 🥳

gwgcar2.jpg

On the right side, counterclockwise from bottom left, we have:

Revy from Black Lagoon
Triela from Gunslinger Girl
Chisato and Takina from Lycoris Recoil
Girls Frontline - OTs-14 Crassula
Girls Frontline - AK-15

gwgcar3.jpg

And on the left side, clockwise from bottom right:

Girls Frontline - Walther PPQ (the handgun that I own)
Girls Frontline - G36 Maid
Girls Frontline - JS05 Jade Rain
Girls Frontline - Mosin Nagant on chair
Girls Frontline - M4A1

gwgcar4.jpg

And of course I can't forget to label the shrine with my anime forum user name and nickname!

gwgcar5.jpg

Pew! Pew! 😎
You should really blur out your licence plate number.

Two DanMachi releases today. It is a shame the spine of the movie doesn't match the other releases, leaving inconsistency. If I see the Sentai release for a decent price I will replace it but for the time being this will do. I have the LE for S2 but if anyone has seen my selling thread, it is there as I will be picking up the standard release when it next goes on DOTW.

Sword Oratoria: DanMachi - On the Side (BD) and DanMachi: Arrow of the Orion (BD)

1000008329.jpg

Two DanMachi releases today. It is a shame the spine of the movie doesn't match the other releases, leaving inconsistency. If I see the Sentai release for a decent price I will replace it but for the time being this will do. I have the LE for S2 but if anyone has seen my selling thread, it is there as I will be picking up the standard release when it next goes on DOTW.

Sword Oratoria: DanMachi - On the Side (BD) and DanMachi: Arrow of the Orion (BD)

View attachment 30086
Not sure it helps as I don't have all the editions of everything your in search for, but here is my collection of double dipping/triple dipping and all the spines together.

So the animatsu blu-ray of season 1 of the case only kinda matches up with the US sentia of the first OVA (but that depends if you got the limited edition extra case bit or not)
I used to have the standard editons of season 2 & 3 and I thought they matched up with Sword Oratoria but would have to investigate.
But yeah for the most part finding a UK matching set even mixing in the odd US edition might not solve it, but as your doing standard edition only maybe you can get pretty close to a uniformed spine with a sentia version of arrow of Orion.
20230802_121613.jpg

20230802_121818.jpg
But yeah pretty hard to get a matching set with all the various sizes and differnt cases used and in the UK case the various publishers releasing differnt bit.

Not sure it helps as I don't have all the editions of everything your in search for, but here is my collection of double dipping/triple dipping and all the spines together.

So the animatsu blu-ray of season 1 of the case only kinda matches up with the US sentia of the first OVA (but that depends if you got the limited edition extra case bit or not)
I used to have the standard editons of season 2 & 3 and I thought they matched up with Sword Oratoria but would have to investigate.
But yeah for the most part finding a UK matching set even mixing in the odd US edition might not solve it, but as your doing standard edition only maybe you can get pretty close to a uniformed spine with a sentia version of arrow of Orion.
View attachment 30088

View attachment 30089
But yeah pretty hard to get a matching set with all the various sizes and differnt cases used and in the UK case the various publishers releasing differnt bit.

Thanks for the pics, this is what I'm working with so far. Even if the image and logo placements on the spines aren't all aligned, they will all have the same design once I pick up Sentai's OVA, MVM's S2 and S3 and when / if I replace the movie with the Sentai release. I enjoy DanMachi but not enough to shell out a lot of money which is why I settled on the Manga UK release of the movie and downgrading my S2 LE.

1000008346.jpg

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week midpoint ver.」

What's included?
  • Persona 5 Royal Launch Edition Steelbook (PlayStation 5)
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake Steelbook Edition (PlayStation 5)

View attachment 28745

24 March 2023 last posted 👀 Sheesh I've been slacking. We'll kick it off with my favourite franchise latest movie 🧟🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week midpoint ver.」

What's included?
  • Resident Evil: Death Island - UHD Steelbook + Digital [4K UHD]

IMG20230802122419.jpg

24 March 2023 last posted 👀 Sheesh I've been slacking. We'll kick it off with my favourite franchise latest movie 🧟🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week midpoint ver.」

What's included?
  • Resident Evil: Death Island - UHD Steelbook + Digital [4K UHD]

View attachment 30091

Ooh, nice! I'm looking forward to my copy arriving within the next few weeks. Is a shame it seems we're not getting the 4K over here. After doing some research I found out that RE Vendetta also had a 4K in the U.S. which we didn't get either so I plan to upgrade that eventually as well.

Back