What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Grrrrr. An annoying follow up. I got a customs charge card through the door today despite using Stackry. Not sure what I did incorrectly but this is exactly what I was hoping to avoid. I've used them 4 times before and never been hit by any charges. £56.23! I'm pretty annoyed right now, I still saved enough to warrant buying as there was quite a lot off some of the sales items but it means the (expletives) have my parcel for another few days which pisses me off because as mentioned above it's already been over 2 months since I made this fricking order.

Which courier did you use? Haven't come across anyone using Evri getting caught.

It was Fedex. I'm not sure it even told you with every shipping option who the courier was though when going via Stackry. Didn't think using anyone in particular would be an issue though because it didn't seem to be an issue with stackry before.

Won't help apart from ' it happens '.
A few years ago, I placed 5 orders with Madman.
4 arrived, no customs charges. The fifth, I got the royal mail postcard.
After that my brain adapted to that's correct but sometimes you're lucky.

That's assuming you didn't pay VAT on your import. If you had pre-paid the charges, apologies for my post.

It was Fedex. I'm not sure it even told you with every shipping option who the courier was though when going via Stackry. Didn't think using anyone in particular would be an issue though because it didn't seem to be an issue with stackry before.

FedEx would have handled it end to end hence fees. Using Global Mail gets you Evri on the domestic end and to my knowledge they have no capacity to collect fees.

Fedex must have been extremely slow this past week, it took 5 days from when righstuf said my parcel had been posted to getting a confirmation from fedex that it was in transit...

2023 HAUL VER 9.2
(note: images are hosted via AUKN for the meantime)

Two more packages arrived a lot earlier than anticipated.

IMG_20230906_180344.jpg

Back in August when I made my first few Limited Run Games orders from Video Games Plus, one of them were focused on Cave shoot 'em ups which were available and also popular as they eventually sold out. Those two (DoDonPachi and Espgaluda II) were two of three Cave games that Live Wire brought over to the Nintendo Switch and the other sold out already (and then re-appeared on VGP's September batch).

So I had to order Mushihimesama from Rarewaves as they were the only ones who had copies available that wasn't super expensive. Granted I should have waited for VGP but this is just unpredictable at the end of the day. Rarewaves dispatched the item but there was no tracking and from the looks of it, it took about 3 weeks to finally arrive and was delivered by Whistl and Royal Mail last Friday. At least it was a legit copy and sealed.

IMG_20230906_181357.jpg

When Arrow Video announced their Bruce Lee at Golden Harvest box set, it had almost everything you had wanted. The problem was that they weren't allowed to include a 4K version for Enter the Dragon because Warner Bros wanted to release it themselves and was released a month later. The collector's edition was then released another month later but pre-orders had sold out and I was fortunate enough to find one through HMV's Cine Edition which has a different steelbook artwork. The 4K disc includes both the theatrical and special edition cuts of the film which is neat.

IMG_8562.jpeg
The second-to-final lot of titles from my June Discotek + others RS haul finally arrived today as it some pre-order titles holding it up. Curiously, RS didn’t wait until Re:ZERO Season 2 was in stock before sending these out so I have one title left to come in a few weeks.

IMG_8563.jpeg
This also arrived today from HMV.

View attachment 30518
The second-to-final lot of titles from my June Discotek + others RS haul finally arrived today as it some pre-order titles holding it up. Curiously, RS didn’t wait until Re:ZERO Season 2 was in stock before sending these out so I have one title left to come in a few weeks.

View attachment 30519
This also arrived today from HMV.
I've had that recently as well from rightstuf, a few days back they dispatched my anniversary sale stuff minus 1 item (Bleach set 10), mine should arrive wednesday if tracking isnt the usual guess.
So maybe a change in policy espcially when items are on there wait list for over a certain time. I'm guessing holding orders like that take up wharehouse space or something and they want to free it up or they feel holding it cost them just as much.

Back