What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MercenaryRaiden said:
Still, not bad for £5. A left mouse button, right mouse button and a mouse wheel, that's all I need. None of these fancy 20 button, ball tracking, laser shooting, toast making models that all the cool kids have these days.
Good heavens man, how can you go without at least two side buttons?! For quick back/forward web browsing, if nothing else.

Rui said:
I was looking forward to DenYuuDen as pt2 has been on my shelf for a while, but I have a feeling Shiki will sneak in first now they've come together as I've been itching to see it.
I can't even berate you, because Shiki was really good. I hope DenYuuDen doesn't fall any further down the list, though!

AntAce said:
I'm really impressed - and I think I may have found a new side-hobby.
Excellent. :s Come and join us in the figure thread, if you haven't already.

MikeP said:
External Bluray drive for my laptop.
I am finally free of region locking again.
I am intrigued, I could do with a PC drive so that I can move my standalone player elsewhere. Further details?

ilmaestro said:
MikeP said:
External Bluray drive for my laptop.
I am finally free of region locking again.
I am intrigued, I could do with a PC drive so that I can move my standalone player elsewhere. Further details?

One of these. Or at least it supposedly is. I'm not entirely convinced that what turned up through the door is actually that, but it certainly has all the features.

The only issue you'd need to get around would then be playback on a PC, for which I'm not entirely sure there's a free and legal option.

Strike Witches (Manga UK DVD)
Mardock Scramble: The First Compression (KazéUK Blu-ray).

The title being the wrong way around on Mardock Scramble doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would.

Lawrence said:
Good show.

Now remember, the first few episodes aren't the best episodes. In fact some of the cast don't get lines till the 5th episode.
I'm 3 episodes in and already in love with Mio.

And for once, not the K-ON! Mio (although I love her too).

ilmaestro said:
Ah I see, it doesn't come with any software. I assume that is involved in the multiregionalness?

Pretty much. As far as I can tell it's supposed to be the responsibility of the software to enforce a region block rather than an OS/Hardware things like DVDs.

That's not really the issue though. BDs can be and almost always are encrypted. I believe the decryption systems require an actual license.

Well, yes, but I could easily purchase a legit license for something to merely play the discs, paying money for "some software" is not the issue it is knowing which software would not enforce the region blocking.

Madoka Magica volume 1 (manga)

I put it in alphabetical order on my bookshelf....it's between Pokémon and Sgt. Frog....er....

Satoshi Kon's Animation Works =3 It's a really nice book, though I wish a knew Japanese to get the most out of it... Some of the pictures are a bit pixelly, which is a shame, but it's otherwise a very snazzy book. Darran Aronofsky's afterword is in english so I had a good read of that :p It's a little alarming that pictures of Black Swan are in the back considering the controversy (though having seen BS I don't believe it's a remake of Perfect Blue at all) so I'd be interested to have read what the japanese captions were to those shots.

It was a little pricey for an 88page book that I can't actually read and only look at the pictures, but since it's one of maybe 3 Satoshi Kon books (the other 2 being Kon's Memorial (mostly text and in japanese) and The Illusionist (already own) I just had to get it.

For my Birthday I received:

Higurashi Kizuna 4 on the DS
Clothes
Money
Gift Cards
Cards
Chocolates
Assortment of bath stuff

Received the following,
Dragonball Z Kai Season 1 Part 8 (Blu-ray)
Dragonaut - Resonance - Complete Series
Dirty Pair - Original Features Collection
Karma Saiyuki
Copper Blue (Deluxe Edition) by Sugar (CD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back