Where to Legally Watch Anime Online in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Where to Stream Anime Legally Online in the UK

Shiroi Hane said:
I've getting "this playlist is private" for some of those.

You referring the post I made a day ago? Yeah I forgot to get rid of those links, they have been delisted from the main thread as I've mentioned.

Andy Hanley from UK-anime.net was questioning whether it was to early to write Animax UK's obituary or not the other day.

I'd question whether this would be the end for the site, but we know they should at least have One-Punch Man for next season.

GolGotha said:
Looks like Tokyo Ghoul √A has been removed from Animax.

Was wondering how long it would take for that to happen, given Terror in Resonance and Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 were removed not long after they finished.

Buzz201 said:
Andy Hanley from UK-anime.net was questioning whether it was to early to write Animax UK's obituary or not the other day.

I'd question whether this would be the end for the site, but we know they should at least have One-Punch Man for next season.

I thought One Punch Man was a Daisuki exclusive? Then again Viz Media Europe do have it.

NormanicGrav said:
I thought One Punch Man was a Daisuki exclusive? Then again Viz Media Europe do have it.

I believe the press release said (or implied) the two companies would be sharing streaming rights. So Viz Media Europe would sell them to whoever, but the title would also be available through Daisuki.

NormanicGrav said:
GolGotha said:

Was wondering how long it would take for that to happen, given Terror in Resonance and Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 were removed not long after they finished.

Same. I wonder if it will end up on Netflix?

GolGotha said:
NormanicGrav said:
GolGotha said:

Same. I wonder if it will end up on Netflix?

Does Anime Limited even have Season 2? I don't think they ever announced that.

Durarara!! is on Animax as well which I presume to be from Anime Ltd also, so I expect that to expire at some point.

Still, would be cool to see Tokyo Ghoul added onto Viewster for those who can't afford Netflix or the set itself.

Thread Updated.

New Additions:

- Bikini Warriors - Daisuki
- E's Otherwise - Viewster
- Gangsta. - Daisuki
- Hetalia: The World Twinkle - Daisuki
- Maria Watches Over Us 4th (Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th) - Viewster
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 the Movie #2: Midsummer Knights Dream - Netflix (Japanese)
- Shonen Hollywood -Holly Stage for 49- - Funimation YouTube (Japanese)
- Shonen Hollywood -Holly Stage for 50- - Funimation YouTube (Japanese)

Expired:

- Tokyo Ghoul √A - Animax

Post 2 has officially reached the maximum 60,000 character limit, therefore the Streaming Movies section has been moved to Post 3. As for Shonen Hollywood, I forgot to add them to the list.

NormanicGrav said:
Does Anime Limited even have Season 2? I don't think they ever announced that.

Durarara!! is on Animax as well which I presume to be from Anime Ltd also, so I expect that to expire at some point.

Still, would be cool to see Tokyo Ghoul added onto Viewster for those who can't afford Netflix or the set itself.

To be perfectly honest, I can't remember. I only said that as I recall Terror in Resonance being added to Netflix shortly after it expired from Animax, but I could be wrong. That would also be ideal, I'd like to see more of Anime Limited's catalogue be added to Viewster :)

Thread Updated.

New Additions:

- Bravoman - Viewster (Dub)
- Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - Viewster (Dub/Sub)
- Genius Party - Netflix (coming soon!)
- Genius Party Beyond - Netflix (coming soon!)
- Mind Game - Netflix (coming soon!)
- Princess Arete - Netflix (coming soon!)
- Prison School - Viewster
- Snow White and the Red Hair (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime) - Viewster
- Toradora! - Viewster
- Tweeny Witches (Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu) - Netflix (coming soon!)
- Wonder Momo - Viewster

VoxPhantom said:
Mrclt1994 said:
CRUNCHYROLL IS NOW ON PLAYSTATION IN THE UK!
About time!

Wonder if Sony have totally given up on Animax now...

That reminds me I should update the main post to reflect the Crunchyroll change. :lol:

Animax is still on the PlayStation store so they're still around.

I think Aniplex had a 2 year exclusivity deal (I'm not about to access wikileaks from work to check...). Has it been that long already?
Not quite - my invitation email from December 2013 says "On November 22nd Anime On Demand was closed and became Animax UK", but it is possible that the clock started counting earlier than that.
Now if only they'd do an app for my Sony TV as well...

Anyone know if Devil is a Part Timer is streaming legally anywhere? Couldn't see it on the list.

st_owly said:
Anyone know if Devil is a Part Timer is streaming legally anywhere? Couldn't see it on the list.

Funimation have the rights so we got screwed over. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back