Wildcard's pics

Great stuff d00de.

Admitting your own mistakes is always great-- gives you chance to improve at a much more aggresive rate.

I slag my own **** off all the time, and from what I can tell- it seems to be working. :lol:

Cheers y'all.

I'll try something more ambitious next, maybe have characters on a background or something (haven't done a background for a while so results could be... interesting).

Will post again soon.

Rather pleased how this one turned out. To explain, it's the chapter cover for the comic I am working on at the moment. Did it in colour though the actual comic will be black and white (colour takes too damn long!). I'm using some of my old character designs and the plot will be doubtlessly be cliched crap, but it'll be a fun way of developing my drawing skills.

Its a bit of an experiment and the chances are I'll loose track of it a few pages in, but I'll see how far I get with it anyhow.

It's been a while but I finally finished my first page. I got sucked into a maelstrom of work and didn't emerge for quite some time (hence the delay).

The qualities pretty variable and it's no where near as detailed as my usual one shot drawings, but hey, thought I'd try something different. The last frame annoys the hell out of me as it highlights my... issues with drawing characters in profile. Need to work on that. :(

Anyway, let me know what you think and stay tuned. I'll get some action in over the next few pages (honest!).

Great work, flowed well and the bubbles are thoughtfully placed, some great detail packed in aswell, without overdoing it.
Same goes for the panels.

One tip Ill give you is to NOT USE THAT FONT.
You should really look into downloading some real comic fonts, adds a great pro touch to your comic.

Try here, and other places too.

[url=http://www.blambot.com/fonts.shtml]http://www.blambot.com/fonts.shtml[/url]

Most importantly though, Im intruiged, Ill look forward to the next page.

Outlaw is right about the font. Looks a bit hard and stands out a lil. Great work on your first page though Wildcard. Hope you have time to finish it. Looking forward to seeing more.

Ps. The character in profile doesn't look bad at all. I know what you mean with the difficulties. Can be a total pain. Looking sharp. =D

Outlawstar said:
Great work, flowed well and the bubbles are thoughtfully placed, some great detail packed in aswell, without overdoing it.
Same goes for the panels.

One tip Ill give you is to NOT USE THAT FONT.
You should really look into downloading some real comic fonts, adds a great pro touch to your comic.

Try here, and other places too.

[url=http://www.blambot.com/fonts.shtml]http://www.blambot.com/fonts.shtml[/url]

Most importantly though, Im intruiged, Ill look forward to the next page.

Cheers for leting me know about the font, I was unsure about it. I went for comic sans initially but it looked so cack that I tried something else. Will upload one with the fixed font soon.

Voddas said:
Outlaw is right about the font. Looks a bit hard and stands out a lil. Great work on your first page though Wildcard. Hope you have time to finish it. Looking forward to seeing more.

Ps. The character in profile doesn't look bad at all. I know what you mean with the difficulties. Can be a total pain. Looking sharp. =D

Yeah, drawing characters side on changes how they look quite drastically and they have a nasty habit of looking like a different person. I suppose it wasn't so bad, perhaps the tone work fixed it to degree.

Will upload more as soon as I have time. Cheers for the comments and tips! :)

Been a while since I posted anything (work, computer issues etc :( ) So I figured I'd put something up. Sadly it's not the next page of my comic (worlds slowest comic), just a sketch I was mucking around with. It's more typical anime/manga style than my usual stuff.

Well, I've finally got time to draw again after months of work so I've done another comic page continuing my previous effort. Since I have summer now I'll make an effort to churn something out regularly.

Anyway, please offer me any pointers or feedback you may have. Essentially I'm experimenting with drawing and shading techniques so any and all comments are welcome. :)

The original drawing before I shaded it. I felt like I may have botched the shading a bit on the page above and lost some detail.

Wow, great stuff!

I think it looks better shaded, its more easy on the eyes.

Very good. Keep up the excellent work!

I love how your not afraid to really go for it with the backgrounds.
This is great stuff, Im intruiged for sure.

I think the shading is well done particularly on the first panel.
Keep um coming dude.

I like getting the fine details in backgrounds and the like, but it does take ages. That top panel took way longer than any of the others, still It's nice to know that it gives such a strong impression.

Currently I'm trying to balance out detail with the time it takes. Hopeing I can make a page every few days, though that might be a little optomistic.

Could be a while, I'm quite lazy :lol: Dunno how far i'll take it just yet, but hey, will send you a shout when the first chapter/ installment is done.

you're getting better and better nice job mate, if it's released someday, I'll get one copy and you willl have to autograph it for me ;D

Back