Wildcard's pics

Cheers :lol:, I had to do a lot of drawing for a course project recently so perhaps that might account for the improvement. Hoping summer break will let me make a fair bit of progress with this. Next page is almost done :)

Well here's another page. The backgrounds were more complex so it took a fair while longer than the last one. Don't worry, I'm aiming for more interesting thing's than package delivery soon :p

Like the new page Wild, backgrounds are great again, you just need to streamline your characters a bit more and youre on to a winner, that will come as you progress in the comic.

Listen, you should put youre comic on http://www.drunkduck.com/, its a webcomic site, good for crit, if you do let me know and iIll add you.

Ill have a comic up there soon too.
Also its great for just reading lots of different types of comics.

Site looks good, I'll start posting there soon, thanks. I'm on there as Wildcard too though nothing yet. Send me a shout when your comic is up, I'd like to see it :)

I see what you mean about the character designs, I have a hard time drawing them with consistency - probably because I'm not entirely happy with them and keep making slight adjustments. Hey, I figure I'll get better as I keep working. Not the most efficient way perhaps but the whole thing is sort of an experiment.

A character design I might be using soon. It's pretty rough really - the colour and tone needed some work - but I'm considering redrawing this one, so I didn't want to sink too much time on it.

Taylor said:
Looking awesome :p I should have got you to do some concept art for my end of year project at college haha.

:lol: That's why I don't have much spare time, my course demands that sorta thing a lot. It's fun, but stuff like storyboarding is an epic process - and I work slooowly

Took a while but here's another page. Text is cluttered and the shading isn't as liberally used, but what worries me is how much the guy in the last frame looks like Batou :/ Ah well, it's all a learning experience..

I actually liked more of the character design of the guy i the last frame.. is it because he looks like batou? nah... can't be :)

chaos said:
I actually liked more of the character design of the guy i the last frame.. is it because he looks like batou? nah... can't be :)

Must have had GitS on my mind or something. A lot of the stuff I draw is unintentionally derivative - I tend to look at it later and realise it's cobbled together from several different animes I like. Clearly anime is infecting my thoughts :lol: I shouldn't have let on, perhaps no one else would have noticed..

=) some animes have pretty good artwork, so that's not a problem. The second frame bother me for a while, and then I realized I don't like their noses in there, they seem quite simian... that's on purpose?

The guy is meant to look quite goofy in that regard, but I'll admit the style needs some work. Profile isn't my favourite angle to draw from.

Wildcard said:
The guy is meant to look quite goofy in that regard, but I'll admit the style needs some work. Profile isn't my favourite angle to draw from.
That's accomplished then =) I also like your backgrounds.

Again took ages, but here's the next one. I like how the arrangement of panels worked out, but a few of them let it down a bit. I was over ambitous with the last one in particular - the perspective ended up looking warped.

Let me know what you think anyhow (even if you hate it :lol: at least that way I'll know where it's going wrong).

Wildcard said:
I figure I should stop posting here from now since it seems kinda inappropriate (it is an anime news site afterall). From now on all my stuffs on:

http://www.drunkduck.com/Cyberdog/index.php

:)
Noooo! You should post here anyway. People may not comment too much but I'm reading it at least. >_<
Your skilled Wildcard, but what's ur day job? I used to do a couple of funnies in newspapers. Not that that compairs to a fully fledged manga or Doujinshi. You gonna try publishing anything? Quite easy to get out there just not so easy making money out of it.

Back