X Men; First class

Jaymii said:
Still disagree loads, and for all the advertising Wiki is getting around these parts I do find it funny that Tach posted huge pictures instead of just hyperlinking.

And... even though they cancelled Spectacular Spider-man (which I loved!!!) the new show looks terrific too. Anybody seen it? It's called Ultimate Spider-man and takes history from the Ults and the rest.

Hey i thought i'd just spice up things with a few pics lol.

I used to love the original spiderman cartoon, if this ones any good i may just set aside some time to watch it. It sounds interesting enough though :)

While the 90s cartoon was pretty baller, that's the thing people are held back by it thinking the X-Men team will consistantly stay the same but the comics change and the cartoons do take a lot from them. Also I've yet to actually buy a Marvel comic, I only own The Walking Dead, I would really like to buy all the Runaways though. If you're interested I do suggest New X-Men (Grant Morrison's run) the art can is bad in places and it has some whack moments but it's got some pretty good TWEESTS and it has always kept me wanting more even though I'm pacing myself. Probably gonna read this next but Phoenix: Endsong first then maybe Warsong afterwards.

ilmaestro said:
The real question is why did they make Wolverine the strongest character in MvC3? How could he possibly beat Dormammu and such?!
Make the popular characters easier to use and more accessible, which is why I ******* HATE Wesker and Dante. Wesker's launcher alone does so much damage.

Lupus said:
While the 90s cartoon was pretty baller, that's the thing people are held back by it thinking the X-Men team will consistantly stay the same but the comics change and the cartoons do take a lot from them. Also I've yet to actually buy a Marvel comic, I only own The Walking Dead, I would really like to buy all the Runaways though. If you're interested I do suggest New X-Men (Grant Morrison's run) the art can is bad in places and it has some whack moments but it's got some pretty good TWEESTS and it has always kept me wanting more even though I'm pacing myself. Probably gonna read this next but Phoenix: Endsong first then maybe Warsong afterwards.

ilmaestro said:
The real question is why did they make Wolverine the strongest character in MvC3? How could he possibly beat Dormammu and such?!
Make the popular characters easier to use and more accessible, which is why I **** HATE Wesker and Dante. Wesker's launcher alone does so much damage.

tumblr_lmrg63OJE81qj60reo1_500.gif

Deal with it.

=P

Yeah, Wesker is nuts too. Why he has so much health I don't know.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
There's nothing wrong with reading wiki to get a characters background. Otherwise how would anyone know where to even begin?
You're right! It's a good job effort-free wiki-based information has always been around for everything ever, how would people have even known how to cross the street!

Effort-free info = worthless and exposable.

Sarcasm. Helpful. I'm not saying we'd never get by without them, I'm just saying it's more expedient.
And I'm saying that this is a large part of the problem.

ilmaestro said:
Yeah, Wesker is nuts too. Why he has so much health I don't know.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
There's nothing wrong with reading wiki to get a characters background. Otherwise how would anyone know where to even begin?
You're right! It's a good job effort-free wiki-based information has always been around for everything ever, how would people have even known how to cross the street!

Effort-free info = worthless and exposable.

Sarcasm. Helpful. I'm not saying we'd never get by without them, I'm just saying it's more expedient.
And I'm saying that this is a large part of the problem.

What exactly is the problem here? And what do you even mean by "exposable?" I'm guessing by "the problem" you mean people getting information second-hand, maybe not reading as much books and stuff, but I'm not talking about the impact of wikipedia as a whole, I'm talking about the ability to look up the history of some comic book characters, I hardly think that constitutes as a "problem" in ANY sense of the word.

Not to mention I found out about the majority of the comics I own through sites like wikipedia, which I probably wouldn't have known about or bought if not for that. There's not a huge array in the local library and there are no comic shops near me.

Is wikipedia a reliable, credible resource? No, probably not and if you're using it for research into a specific topic then it's highly unlikely to be of much use besides a starting point, but for a quick look-up of info it is pretty useful. It's not like wikipedia will ever be a substitute for reading the actual book or seeing the actual movie or whatever, I don't think I've ever come across anyone who's considered they'd read a book because they read the wikipedia synopsis.

I think it's good that it exists, and indeed you can find out information about a series you plan to read but when people go full ahead and read the plot in great detail instead of reading the original source; then I get a bit confused.

Jaymii said:
I think it's good that it exists, and indeed you can find out information about a series you plan to read but when people go full ahead and read the plot in great detail instead of reading the original source; then I get a bit confused.

Agreed, that's clearly *sonic voice* "No good!."

The internet has, in its own special way, killed off large parts of serious fandom, and wikipedia, whilst not the root cause, is *well beyond* the point at which it became part of the problem.

Back