Your viewing journal

‘Tis Time for “Torture”, Princess episode 4 A different beast.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- season 2 episode 16 Burning it down.

Lupin III: Seven Days Rhapsody (Special) This special was another enjoyable one as well - a solid run overall from 2004-2006. 3.5/5

Lupin III Vs Detective Conan (Special)
Though a fun crossover I wasn’t that taken with this special overall compared to other DC and Lupin specials. 3.5/5

Lupin III vs Detective Conan The Movie (Film)
A stronger crossover than the previous special overall. 3.5/5

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy (English Dub) Episode 4

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!
Episode 4

The Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil Episode 4

Tis Time for "Torture," Princess Episode 4

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Episode 16

Ninja Robot Tobikage - Episodes 34 - 41

This is essentially the end of the series as the final two episodes are recap episodes told from Hazard's perspective. I've enjoyed Tobikage a lot more this time round, I find it still has some of the same pacing issues as I did first time round and it doesn't have an ending but proper subs and video that doesn't pixelate have certainly helped. I didn't appreciate actually how good this show looks at times, the action scenes are really good and get better and better as the show progresses (accompanied by some very well animated explosions the detail of which were lost in the pixelation previously). It's a real shame the studio ran out of money and didn't complete the final cour of Tobikage as the episodes running up to episode 41 were really good but as such there is absolutely no resolution to any of the threads in the story which is disappointing as I feel Tobikage had the potential to a true classic.

Bang Brave Bang Bravern - Episode 3

Golden Warrior Gold Lightan - Episodes 36 - 39

Last edited:
Okko's Inn (REWATCH, English dubbed) - I love this movie so much, watched with a fren and it reminded him of when he lived in Japan for a while. I was a lil doubtful about how good this movie would be before I first watched it but it is a beautiful film that balances cuteness and the beauty and joy of (young, but not only young) life with it's exploration of grief and death pretty much perfectly. Also has an absolutely excellent English dub :)

My Dress Up Darling episodes 8-12: Aww, that extremely long silence in the love hotel was so tense, and hilarious. The series definitely ended much too soon, and I think it's gonna be a long wait before series 2 makes it to disc format. Lots of very good tips in there for budding cosplayers, too.

The Boy and the Heron

Just watched it at my local arts centre (Japanese dub). Was rather resistant at first, but the film grew on me as it progressed. At first I was worried that the entire film was going down the “it was all a dream” thing what with the lead boy in it banging his head (possible coma?), but instead it went down a more traditional Miyazaki path, with elements familiar to Spirited Away. One is worried about describing this film as isekai, but it certainly feels like it. While I don’t think it is Miyazaki’s greatest film, in the end it was still worth the watch, and seeing it on the big screen certainly fitted the occasion.

Classroom of the Elite III episode 5 Past sins.

Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp episode 4 Removal.

Metallic Rouge episode 4 Illusion.

Ishura episode 5 Angel’s punishment.

Sengoku Youko episode 4 Hostages.

Lycoris Recoil (Rewatch) episodes 10-13 (Complete. This was a seasonal highlight back in 2022 and remains a great series upon rewatch.) 4/5

M.D. Geist OVA
& M.D. Geist: Death Force OVA Unfortunately, neither of these OVAs were particularly memorable or worth the invested time. 2/5, 2/5

Bang Bravern ep3

Delicious in Dungeon ep4

Metallic Rouge ep2-4

Still slightly unsure how to feel about this one. It’s a remarkably good looking show and I appreciate the plethora of references to sci-fi pop culture, but it does seem like it’s still being wilfully obscure in an attempt to look like it has more depth than it does.

Urusei Yatsura (2022) ep4

Been feeling a bit down lately, so finally went back to UY. Seems like a good choice too, I think this was probably the funniest episode so far,

Back