Your viewing journal

‘Tis Time for “Torture”, Princess episode 5 Splash and sauna.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- season 2 episode 17 Class.

Machine Robo Battle Hackers 22-31 (Complete. A stronger overall series than Chronos and more fun to boot.) 3/5

Magi: Adventure of Sinbad
episodes 1-4

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy (English Dub) Episode 5

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!
Episode 5

The Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil Episode 5

Tis Time for "Torture," Princess Episode 5

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Episode 17

All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku (OAV) - Episodes 1 - 6 [Final]

This was very entertaining and frequently made me laugh out loud.

Project A-Ko

Lewis and I guested on another podcast to talk about this, so watched it again so the film was fresh in my memory ahead of the review. I first watched Project A-Ko nearly 30 years ago and have seen it countless times and my enjoyment of this film hasn't diminished in the slightest over the decades, a true classic IMHO.

Bang Brave Bang Bravern - Episode 4

Ninja Robot Tobikage - Episodes 42 & 43 [Final]

A couple of quite pointless recap episodes that were probably created to fulfil some sort of content agreement with the broadcaster or something along those lines.

Golden Warrior Gold Lightan - Episodes 40 & 41

Blame! Movie

I saw this at Scotland Loves Anime years ago and really enjoyed it, I keep meaning to watch it again on Netflix.

Watched loads of stuff since I've last been around. I'll try to summarise the ones I remember:

Attack on Titan
Rewatched seasons 1-3 and the OVAs I'd previously seen then watched the other OVAs and season 4. Phenomenal series and that is had a satisfying conclusion was nothing short of remarkable.

My Hero Academia
Rewatched it all then season 6 for the first time. I love this show. It always brings a smile to my face and has some great action.

Tsurune
Fun show about archery and overcoming self doubt.

Horimiya
Really enjoyed this. The characters were great and it could be very funny.

Junk Head
Wild, weird and very well put together. The world building was fantastic. The ending caught me off guard but then found out its supposed to be part 1 of a trilogy.

SpyxFamily season 1
Delight and charming.

Inu-Oh
Fantastic movie. Period drama for 30mins then a full blow rock opera for the rest of the film. Amazing.

I've seen a bunch more stuff I can't recall right now but I haven't seen anything I hated or anything.

Metropolis (2001) (REWATCH, English dubbed) - Still as beautiful as ever, the ending always makes it rain on my face, and they did a very good job with the dub as well :)

Ghost in the Shell (1995) (REWATCH, English dubbed) - I've never been the biggest fan of this, preferring various other Mamoru Oshii films over it, but it was definitely worth seeing again, and the English dub is pretty good, far better than either of the English dubs for Akira IMO (considering they're both seminal works that were many people's first exposure to anime way back when and a lot of viewers would have watched them dubbed at the time) :)

Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp Episode 5

Gushing over Magical Girls (Uncensored) Episode 6

Metallic Rouge Episode 5

Sengoku Youko Episode 5

Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord Episode 5

Classroom of the Elite III episode 6 Negatives.

Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp episode 5 Examination.

Metallic Rouge episode 5 Strings.

Ishura episode 6 Diaries.

Sengoku Youko episode 5 Forbidden ambitions.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic episodes 7-16

Chained Soldier episode 6 Rewind.

Dungeon Meshi episode 6 Paintings and mimics.

The Witch and the Beast episode 5 Breaking the law.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic episodes 17-25 (Complete. This was a great adventure series and I’m keen to see what happens from here.) 4/5

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
episode 1-4

Steamboy (REWATCH, English dubbed) - A solidly entertaining adventure yarn with amazing steampunk visuals, very fluid animation, and cool "oop north" accents in the English dub :)

Paprika (REWATCH, English dubbed) - My PA gives what he saw of this two thumbs up "It's utterly mad it's great! How psychedelic!" For my part I think this is Kon's weakest film but still an engaging watch with a great fun finale :)

Touch (1985) (English subbed) - Honestly so worth all the time I spent on it, I am super duper glad I finally finished this, bravo, chef's kiss etc., probably the best baseball-themed rom-dram-com anime you'll ever see! :)

I'm also still rewatching Maison Ikkoku and have started rewatching Toradora (both English dubbed) :)

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom episodes 4-13: It was OK and I'm still sort of interested. Not very impressed with the singing of the US VA's.

Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious episodes 1-4: I'm finding the main characters really irritating. Not a fans of shows that are 90% shouting.

Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End episode 22 Mediate.

The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to pick up Trash episode 5 Nervous.

Undead Unluck episode 18 Flashbacks.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic episodes 5-25 (Complete. A great follow up that I found stronger than the first season.) 4/5

Magimoji Rurumo
episodes 1-3

Back