UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just updated the master list of licenses with stuff from MCM Scotland (forgot to do those...) and what has been announced at MCM London so far. Rejigged it so we can see what has been licensed and released/scheduled for release between now and end of Q1 2016 and what has been licensed but no real announcements made

Do you guys think AL will release the other UC stuff on BD? I know sunirse are putting out zeta next year and I would love to have boxes of the UC timeline at least up to char's counter attack anyway (guessing zeta zz will be 2017 in the US).

Robbl said:
What do you mean a different font color? It better not be yellow
On the subtitle color front, just confirming that the subtitles for Prisma Illya are white.
The discs use Hanabee's masters (which in turn are Sentai's for the most part).

anime_andrew said:
Robbl said:
Ohhhh boy, http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ion/.94580
Can the ultimate edition still be considered ultimate after this?

It sure can! I have a cunning plan ;)...

Andrew
I think this is an appropriate response.
hang-on-lads.jpg

anime_andrew said:
It sure can! I have a cunning plan ;)...

Andrew

As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

Just so long as it is more cunning than Baldrick's cunning plans!

really am anxious about the claymore release. I absolutely love the series, and think anime limited can (hopefully) do an excellent release in terms of art box, art book and extras (the dvd had quite a few so hopefully they'll be brought over). But from my understanding the master on the funi bd is only marginally better then dvd. Hope andrew can maybe clarify if this is the same master or maybe a superior japanese one ? same goes for haruhi, is it the really solid first bd release master or the ugly second one.

windcott said:
also wondering about shinkai collection , is it still happening

I hope it is. The release date for the double pack sounds promising since they did say the situation was resolved (and we would hear some news - I assume the release date we got was the news we were waiting for).

If it doesn't happen I might as well import the Japanese BDs for 5cm/s & Children Who Chase Lost Voices since both have English subs. Already have a UK copy of Garden of Words but I may double dip for the Japanese set if there's any difference.

How I missed the Claymore news I'm not sure, but I'm very excited for that now. I watched it when it first aired and have been considering the Funi release for a while. So glad I held off on picking it up as I'd very much prefer it getting the AL treatment, such a great series as I recall.

I'm wonder if AL would find the Shinkai set easier to negotiate if it didn't have Children Who Have Lost Voices, which is already out on Blu-Ray via Kaze/Manga - personally I'd be fine with that. 5cm/s is the one that I'd really like to see put out on Blu-Ray, along with Place Promised/Voices from a Distant Star.

--

I earlier went to a sold-out screening of Shunji Iwai's The Case of Hana & Alice, which was the one film from the Scotland Loves Anime line-up that I really wanted to see so I'm pleased that I came to my neck of the woods. It's a really wonderful film; I'm a fan of Iwai's previous works like Love Letter, April Story and the original Hana & Alice and I was very curious to see how he'd work with animation and it looks gorgeous. In doing some background reading, I've found that Makoto Shinkai himself was very complimentary saying that it's a "masterpiece that should be seen" and there's an interview with him and Isao Takahata on the Japanese Blu-Ray.

It was speculated in the MCM thread that this might be on AL's slate and, while it wasn't announced, I certainly hope that it is. An Ultimate Edition with The Case of Hana & Alice, the 2003 film and the short films would be...*mops up drool*.

EDIT: Woohoo! It has been announced! Now about that latter detail... ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew actually knew about the new Full Metal Panic season while planning the Ultimate Edition. After all, when Durarara!! x2 was announced, didn't he express relief at finally being able to talk about it? If he did, then it's possible that this cunning plan could have been in the making for a while.

Unless his plan was to secure standard editions and have the new season match those if/when it comes :p

Back