The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Dannielle said:
Amazon have moved No Game, No Life to November 30th. MVM's store still says October 26th. Tweeted MVM for confirmation.

EDIT: MVM confirmed it's been pushed to November 30th, as they're working on something for the release. Soundtrack maybe?
"No release, no life" more like.

Yen Press brought out some announcements.

- Akame ga Kill Zero manga has been picked up and will be released next Spring.
- Servant x Service manga will be coming to print form (previously announced for digital) in 2-in-1 omnibus releases starting in April.

---

Another news update on Owarimonogatari.

The 12 episode series will cover the first two novels (of three). The third novel's anime script is done and will be planned.

Source: Monogatari

BBFC news.
Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse Episodes 13-18 - 12: moderate violence, occasional gory moments
Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse Episodes 19-20 - 15: strong violence, gory images, sexualised nudity
Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse Episodes 21-24 - 15: strong bloody violence
FULL METAL PANIC! THE SECOND RAID - 15: strong violence, strong language, sexualised nudity, sex references

Looks like some anime shows have their final episodes delayed by a week.

Food Wars, next episode now on 25th Sept
My Love Story, next episode now on 23rd Sept

World Trigger's 46th episode has been delayed because it features a battle taking place in torrential rain. Given Japan's recent flooding, Toei have elected to change the contents of the episode, but need more time to do so, meaning the 38th episode (B-Rank Wars Begin) will be re-aired instead.

I was assuming Fugitives from Another World was taking it's timeslot at the end of it's run and they'd just delay the première of that, but that seems not to be the case (as World Trigger's 49th episode was scheduled for the date FFAW premièred). Anyway, from what I've heard Toei own or have a contract to produce content for the timeslot in which World Trigger airs, so it probably won't be a repeat of the Blood Blockade Battlefront fiasco.

Buzz201 said:
World Trigger's 46th episode has been delayed because it features a battle taking place in torrential rain. Given Japan's recent flooding, Toei have elected to change the contents of the episode, but need more time to do so, meaning the 38th episode (B-Rank Wars Begin) will be re-aired instead.

I was assuming Fugitives from Another World was taking it's timeslot at the end of it's run and they'd just delay the première of that, but that seems not to be the case (as World Trigger's 49th episode was scheduled for the date FFAW premièred). Anyway, from what I've heard Toei own or have a contract to produce content for the timeslot in which World Trigger airs, so it probably won't be a repeat of the Blood Blockade Battlefront fiasco.

oh for god sake

first they ban a head chopping ep of school days ....... which I can sort of understand because something similar happened around that time

next they ban apocalypse stories because what happened at with the tsunami ...... that explains HOTD NOT CONTINUING

and now this......

they must really be afraid of offending people....... ok ok I know they aren't trying to offend people but its not like these anime and stories have anything to do with real life events.

look at south park they make fun of everyone and not get in trouble.

japan needs to loosen up and..... I mean come on I have seen elfen lied with child molesting and they didn't say anything about that....

years back when that ep aired over here at least the people who aired it put a warning sign thing .... I cant remember exactly what it said...... but it said.... if this happened to you or you know anyone that had experienced anything like this.

at the very least the Japanese could do is........

like what happened in elfen lied .......they put up a warning sigh and a sigh saying if this has happened to you please contact this number

or

the events in this ep as nothing to do with resent events please take caution

or

this is a end of the world series or movie or a devastation series like 8.0

https://youtu.be/knIroVvPZU4

its not like they are trying to offend people ........ I swear japan is just too damn safe with its anime these days .....AND IT SUCKS

like in the school days e

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't just happen in japan and it isn't exclusive to anime. Tv channels/film studios pull episodes or films that coincide with major news incidents just as it may ne insensitive or in poor taste at that very time. I can't recall specific examples off the top of my head, but it happens.

It'll be aired soon enough, it's just people looking at and thinking "is now really the right time yo show this" and will it look bad if we air it as we initially wanted?

britguy said:
It doesn't just happen in japan and it isn't exclusive to anime. Tv channels/film studios pull episodes or films that coincide with major news incidents just as it may ne insensitive or in poor taste at that very time. I can't recall specific examples off the top of my head, but it happens.

It'll be aired soon enough, it's just people looking at and thinking "is now really the right time yo show this" and will it look bad if we air it as we initially wanted?

YES but I heard a rumour that japan has banned apocalypse storys because of what happened with the tsunami which explains why HOTD manga is on hiatus..... I mean what does zombies have to do with tsunamis

ok ok I know they will show that ep with the rain and such but what about stories with apocalypse anime its unfair just to ban them just because a tsunami hit....... and yes I understand why they would do this because they don't want people to be distressed and be reminded but its a series about zombies......did HOTD have a tsunami full of zombies or what.

how long til we get to see more apocalypse anime...... more to the point HOTD

Meanwile in Fate/Zero (ep19 I think)
[spoilerbutton]
vSWuJYR.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Bear in mind, World Trigger is a children's show in Japan. It airs at 6.30 am as part of a children's block. Toei and TV Ashai are probably playing it extra safe, because controversy and kids shows do not mix.

animefreak17 said:
YES but I heard a rumour that japan has banned apocalypse storys because of what happened with the tsunami which explains why HOTD manga is on hiatus..... I mean what does zombies have to do with tsunamis

ok ok I know they will show that ep with the rain and such but what about stories with apocalypse anime its unfair just to ban them just because a tsunami hit....... and yes I understand why they would do this because they don't want people to be distressed and be reminded but its a series about zombies......did HOTD have a tsunami full of zombies or what.

Which would explain the current airing of giant apocalypse show Attack on Titan, monster apocalypse show GOD EATER, zombie apocalypse show School-Live!, vampire apocalypse show Seraph of the End, alien apocalypse show World Trigger, the forthcoming spin-off to World Trigger focussing on aliens, the multiple apocalypses featured in Space Dandy, the recent airing of Aldnoah.Zero which features more than one human/alien caused apocalypse. There are also several shows I've forgotten, as well as a tonne of shows which probably count, but are borderline.

Also, how does one ban apocalyptic fiction? The Mikado has a lot of power, but I doubt even he has the power to stop sci-fi...

(N.B. The Oxford Dictionaries define Apocalypse as "The complete final destruction of the world, as described in the biblical book of Revelation"or "An event involving destruction or damage on a catastrophic scale")

ConanThe3rd said:
Though if they could just can World Trigger outright that'd be grand.

Nothing bloody happens in that comic.
It has 4 episodes left, there's no point in organising a hate campaign now. Anyway, I quite like World Trigger, the show is a bit too slow for it's own good though. What we need is World Trigger Kai...

Buzz201 said:
Bear in mind, World Trigger is a children's show in Japan. It airs at 6.30 am as part of a children's block. Toei and TV Ashai are probably playing it extra safe, because controversy and kids shows do not mix.

animefreak17 said:

Which would explain the current airing of giant apocalypse show Attack on Titan, monster apocalypse show GOD EATER, zombie apocalypse show School-Live!, vampire apocalypse show Seraph of the End, alien apocalypse show World Trigger, the forthcoming spin-off to World Trigger focussing on aliens, the multiple apocalypses featured in Space Dandy, the recent airing of Aldnoah.Zero which features more than one human/alien caused apocalypse. There are also several shows I've forgotten, as well as a tonne of shows which probably count, but are borderline.

Also, how does one ban apocalyptic fiction? The Mikado has a lot of power, but I doubt even he has the power to stop sci-fi...

(N.B. The Oxford Dictionaries define Apocalypse as "The complete final destruction of the world, as described in the biblical book of Revelation"or "An event involving destruction or damage on a catastrophic scale")

Oh yeah I forgot about them..... it was a rumour so I got it in to my head... so yeah I went overboard

Buzz201 said:
animefreak17 said:
Oh yeah I forgot about them..... it was a rumour so I got it in to my head... so yeah I went overboard

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the publishers had asked their authors to play it on the safe side, and it was misinterpreted. It's not unprecedented for media companies to have very silly knee jerk reactions.

I can't stand publishers.... they always change things in anime from a manga or novel which have nothing wrong with them but they decided to change it anyways.

Back