The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Smeelia said:
I've done a few Amazon pre-orders, will decide later which ones I actually want to get.

When I was going to order Full Metal Panic I noticed that it didn't list the pre-order price guarantee on the checkout page (possibly because it's not currently set up as a pre-order), so I'd be wary of that if you've made an order. I suppose you could just leave it for now and cancel then re-order when the price goes down to be safe (which would also get the lowest price listed on your order right away).

Mine was the same, so I sent Amazon an email asking if it was covered by the pre-order guarantee, and they have confirmed that it is so there is no need to cancel and reorder. If you want to confirm this for yourself I would suggest sending them a email.

ayase said:
NormanicGrav said:
Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 receives a 15 rating from the BBFC:
strong bloody violence, gore, nudity, strong language

I guess they didn't find them to be serious enough for an 18.
The nudity clearly can't involve flat-chested girls.

The only nudity I'm aware of from the first season was with Rize and Kaneki in the first episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
KevinB said:
Mine was the same, so I sent Amazon an email asking if it was covered by the pre-order guarantee, and they have confirmed that it is so there is no need to cancel and reorder. If you want to confirm this for yourself I would suggest sending them a email.
Thanks, I didn't order it until they fixed it anyway (which they've done now, as IncendiaryLemon mentioned).

NormanicGrav said:
Chaika_Shocking.jpg

Chaika dub officially confirmed by Sentai.
How apt. Sentai dubs are sub odex.

Smeelia said:
KevinB said:
Thanks, I didn't order it until they fixed it anyway (which they've done now, as IncendiaryLemon mentioned).

Ah, I'd already cancelled re-ordered myself, good to know the pre-order guarantee carries over in the event of an odd listing like this.

Geoffrey Wexler
I get things done at the International Division at Studio Ghibli. My work includes:

> negotiations for distribution of Studio Ghibli’s films, music and publications worldwide,

> production of English-language versions of the Studio’s films,

> acquisition of story and music rights, and

> support of the Studio’s various international initiatives.

I am the producer of the English-language versions of Goro Miyazaki's “From Up on Poppy Hill” (2011), Hayao Miyazaki’s “The Wind Rises” (2013) and Isao Takahata’s “The Tale of The Princess Kaguya” (2013), and will produce the English-language versions of Hiromasa Yonebayashi's "When Marnie Was There" (2014) and Goro Miyazaki's "Ronja, the Robber's Daughter" (2014-15).
Now the interesting bits:

Producer, English-language Dub, "Ronja, the Robber's Daughter"
Starting January 2014

26-episode television series of the novel by Astrid Lindgren ("Pippi Longstocking"), directed by Goro Miyazaki for NHK, now being broadcast on NHK in Japan (from October 2014). My team at Studio Ghibli manages worldwide distribution in collaboration with Saltkråkan, The Astrid Lindgren Company.

Team members:
Geoffrey Wexler, Tetsu Shinagawa, Taro Goto, David Freedman, Nobuo Kawakami, Michiko Nagai

Producer, English-language Dub, "Only Yesterday"
Starting February 2015

Team members:
Geoffrey Wexler, James Hubbert, Ian MacDougall, Jamie Simone, David Freedman, James Lafferty, Evan Ma, Dawn Hershey, CSA, Penelope Glass
https://jp.linkedin.com/in/geoffreywexler

So Only Yesterday and Ronja dub.

I do wonder whether Studio Canal would dare to release Ronja - releasing a Ghibli TV series would potentially be new ground for them in terms of release strategy.

Great news on Only Yesterday...

Assuming Studio Canal do a BR release then what are we left with from the back catalogue? Ocean Waves and the little Norse prince?

msgeek said:
Great news on Only Yesterday...

Assuming Studio Canal do a BR release then what are we left with from the back catalogue? Ocean Waves and the little Norse prince?

Yeah, only those two and Only Yesterday remain to be upgraded from Studio Canal's 'Studio Ghibli Collection'. The Japanese Blu-Ray of Little Norse Prince sadly looks like an upscale, so there'd be no point in Canal upgrading it until there's a real HD master available.

Back