What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I just wish there would have been other decals available for well-known GWG anime series. I did get decals for Henrietta, Claes, and Rico from Gunslinger Girl as well, but all three of those turned out to be really large decals with a lot of background to them, and just didn't look right on the back window, so I ended up using more of the Girls Frontline stickers. Oh well, at least those are quite a bit sexier than the Gunslinger Girls, lol.... 😅

Last edited:
2023 HAUL VER 7.4
(note: images are hosted via AUKN for the meantime)

Two more packages today, one arriving later than expected and another earlier than expected lol.

IMG_20230724_175804.jpg

Scheduled to be released in early August but arriving two weeks early is Masaaki Yuasa's Inu-Oh from Anime Limited. Their collector's edition Blu-ray & DVD release is very nicely detailed and includes their shop exclusive art cards. Interestingly the discs were done by VDMS, likely because the GKIDS release only has English & Spanish whilst Anime Limited wants French support included in their set. You can view more photos and specs on my blog.

A bit of an overkill but I decided to order another batch of Sentai Filmworks titles through Rightstuf since the sale is still on-going.

Ideally this package would have arrived on Saturday given the timing but it seems they don't deliver on weekends for Rightstuf's shipping method of choice so it's good to know for future hauls. In this haul we have a total of 6 titles and you could argue this is a fanservice or mature rated themed line-up. Overall cost was £20 cheaper than the last haul but that's because of one particular title included which is larger than the usual set.

The haul consists of mostly re-releases, both in terms of standard editions and general re-release treatment. All 6 titles below will work on European PlayStation 5 players as part of the whole geolock stuff.

IMG_20230724_183026.jpg
IMG_20230724_182216.jpg

Here we have Demon King Daimao, Hayate the Combat Butler Ultimate Collection, and Infinite Stratos Season 1.

Demon King Daimao is one of the first titles to be released on Blu-ray by Sentai back in 2011 so to see it get a re-release caught my attention, though given how long its been I do think the license window could be close to expiring. Has uncensored melons in the menus interestingly.

But it's Hayate the Combat Butler Ultimate Collection that started this second haul, because panic buying started to creep in. Sentai delisted the set (which came out in 2020) and so far Rightstuf and Robert's Anime Corner Store are the only two who have stock. I wanted to be ahead of the curve so I decided to use my 15% discount code on the set as I predicted it would go for $65 if it did go on sale (and it did as of last Saturday). This ultimate collection includes all four seasons and the film across 14 Blu-ray discs (first case covers Seasons 1 & 2 with 6 & 3 discs respectively, and second case covers the rest with 2, 2 & 1 disc each respectively).

And then there's Infinite Stratos Season 1 and it's rather fortunate that we only have the first season because I already own the second season via Sentai's limited edition release from half a decade ago. Like Demon King Daimao, the original release came out back in 2012 so this re-release is very handy for accessibility. MVM did release this series but only on DVD.

IMG_20230724_183344.jpg

Then we have Made in Abyss Theatrical Collection, Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time & Queen's Blade: Rebel Warriors.

I really enjoyed Made in Abyss and as I was interested in the film series, which consists of two compilation films and a continuation film, MVM only wanted to focus on the latter so I decided to wait for the Sentai release to go on sale and pick it up.

Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time is the only one in this haul that I have watched previously, during simulcast and it's not exactly the most appealing show and is very questionable, never-the-less it's one of those dumb shows that I felt was worth owning for my shelf.

Last but not least we have Queen's Blade: Rebel Warriors which covers the OVA series Queen's Blade: Beautiful Warriors and the third series Queen's Blade: Rebellion (for context Media Blasters had the rights to the first two series prior). I always wanted to own something out of this very ecchi fantasy series so this was probably the best opportunity to go for. Sentai released these back in 2013-2014.

AnimeFirst Blu-ray releaseRe-released
Demon King DaimaoJune 2011February 2023
Hayate the Combat Butler Ultimate CollectionS1: August 2015
S2: October 2015
S3: April 2015
S4: June 2015
Film: December 2015
November 2020
Infinite Stratos Season 1April 2012May 2022
Queen's Blade: Rebel WarriorsS3: September 2013
OVA: December 2014
June 2021

IMG_20230724_184234.jpg

So here's how the Sentai Filmworks standard collection is looking thus far. I'm honestly pretty surprised with my picks for this month but there's many more to go for. Almost making the list were The Flowers of Evil, Majestic Prince Collection, To Love Ru Collection, Waiting in the Summer and Yuyushiki but there's still time to get those later. Getting Sentai titles is a challenge due to the chances of a re-release which would be the more ideal version to go for, but the ones released since 2019 onwards should be fine to get either way.

I received one Crunchyroll title today from Rightstuf, another partial shipment from a larger order:

Ancient Magus' Bride: The Boy from the West and the Knight of the Blue Storm

ambovas2.jpg

love that Irina packaging! makes me want to buy it even tho I was not a fan of the last episode

Last edited:
Mine shipped last night. Despite ordering from Amazon Spain it shipped from Manchester.

Glad I ordered when Denny posted it as the price has now gone up to €100.

Ordered two copies in case anyone here wants one without having to go through Amazon directly.

For reference there's three copies left at 28€

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-27-13-02-12-79_56514063904998099a7290fdb861fa95.png
    Screenshot_2023-07-27-13-02-12-79_56514063904998099a7290fdb861fa95.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 11
Back