Favorite "Non Anime" cartoons

Ryo Chan said:
one of my all time faves you all might be a bit young to remeber was the moomins

Moomins was ok, i always remember the ep when he went into that hat and came out as something else

I remember that too! :shock: Those little moomins scared me, especially the little girl in the red dress. :shock: Haha.

My fave cartoon shows would have to be:

Simpsons
Futurama
Fairly Odd Parents
Spongebob Squarepants (Yay for Spongebob! :roll:)

Fave non-cartoon shows:

Most Haunted
Invasion
Big Brother

Jan Svankmajer for the win!

(and the Hubleys, and Yuri Norstein, and Frederick Back, and Caroline Leaf, and all those other cool guys...)

I've started watching Ben 10 on Cartoon Network. It's about a boy who finds an alien watch which he uses to transform himself into one of ten different aliens for a short time so that he can protect the world (or whatever).

One of the sub-villains in the cartoon is a teenager called Kevin who accidentally absorbed the energy from Ben's watch and is now stuck in a form comprised of all ten aliens. Together with his original form that makes eleven, thus he calls himself Kevin Eleven. Freakin' excellent! :D

Oooooh so many to choose

Classics
MASK
Thundercats
C.O.P.S. (anyone remember this?)
Visionairies (still have the videos)
Zelda (still have the videos)
The Games Master (still have the videos)
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

Current
The Emporers New School
Simpsons
Father of the Pride
American Dad
Fairly Odd Parents
Sam and Max (as in the game Sam and Max Hit The Road)
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Zero out of ten for originality, but Futurama and The Simpsons are fantastic. South Park and the like are okay in very small dosages.

I like the Watership Down film if that counts?

hmm lets see here,

drawn together,
south park,
futurama,
ed, edd & eddy,
american dad,
family guy,
sealab 2021,
the brak show,
space ghost coast 2 coast,

cant forget the classics :

tom & jerry,
t.m.n.t,
transformers,
ghostbusters,
the super mario cartoons, (not sure of the exact title)
thundercats,
ren & stimpy,

theres too many :D

McIcy I remeber C.O.P.S!!! wow someone who knows what i'm talking about!

Did anyone watch DownTown, Cos That was truely Brilliant writing!

old childhood classics like:

The Mysterious Cities Of Gold
Around The world with Willy Fogg
Ulysees 51
Battle Of the planets (well, sort of anime though)
Thundercats (Panthro was awesome)

More recent:
Simpsons
South Park
Batman

As for non-manga literature, I like anything by Frank Miller (Sin City, Batman) and also Watchmen.

Went out shopping today and found the DVD for King Arthur and the Nights of the Round Table. Yes I bought it, brilliant cartoon about a bunch of american football players who ge transported back to medievil times to replace King Arthur and his Knights, plus they get there weapons in the style of Visionairies cartoon

Pole Position, about a brother and sister who race cars and solve crimes with talking hovering cars. I really miss this series I remember really liking it

old school
Hong Kong Phooey
Inch High Private Eye
Secret Squirrel
Thundar the Barbarian
Wacky Races
Banana Splits (while not oficially a toon it did feature the animated Three Musketeers, Arabian Knights and the Adventures of Guliver.

New school
Dragon Booster
the Life and Times of Juniper Lee

Back