What did you BUY today?

Joshawott said:
Doctor Strange (Marvel Animated Feature) from HMV for £3.50. Funnily enough, it was misplaced in the anime section...as if it was calling out to me. The Sorcerer Supreme's powers know no limits.
1m of grey ribbon for the hat that's a part of the cosplay I'm planning for Expo (My friends have roped me into doing an interpretive cosplay of Google)../quote]

actually I think they get told to put it there as I've always seen it in the anime section

Ranger Ryu said:
Joshawott said:
Doctor Strange (Marvel Animated Feature) from HMV for £3.50. Funnily enough, it was misplaced in the anime section...as if it was calling out to me. The Sorcerer Supreme's powers know no limits.
1m of grey ribbon for the hat that's a part of the cosplay I'm planning for Expo (My friends have roped me into doing an interpretive cosplay of Google)../quote]]/quote]

actually I think they get told to put it there as I've always seen it in the anime section
Weird. Only western animation I see mixed in with anime at times is the occasional Avatar, but since my local branch moved to a different location they've got better. I generally see that kind of stuff either around general animation or scattered in places across the ground floor.

Heck, I saw The Laughing Man OVA on the ground floor, reduced for £3. Shame I already own it.

For the family lunch today I bought a lemon meringue pie from a local baker. And what a good one it was. The filling was especially tart and lemony (a delicious break from other stores whose lemon meringue pies comprise mostly condensed milk and maybe a drop or two of lemon flavouring...). And the meringue itself was given the blowtorch treatment instead of being baked, so was cooked but still had a gooey, marshmallowey texture. In fact, once I'm done here I'm off to the kitchen for another slice.

Did something I haven't done in a long time and actually bought a new release Blu-ray from HMV! Picked up Argo, it was the same price in-store as it was on other places online and came with a nice slipcover, so I figured why not?

Why patronise HMV? It would be far more amusing to ask whether they stock any copies of Argo, which would be Argos in the plural, to staff at Argos.

Food, again.

Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup and a large vegetable spring roll from Ho's Bakery.

Really want to do a mass clothes shop though as I'm sure a new wardrobe but there's nothing anywhere! Think I'll have to look online and in catalogues. Eugh.

I got some DVDs (listed in the anime thread) and also a hat.

As its rather sunny out here, and as from Sunday the magic coach is heading inland I will probably need it.

RAM for my net book which I finally got working again after the pre installed trend micro antivirus failed to stop 7 viruses. Good old free AVG found and fixed them.
Finally got mothers day stuff
A suit
Penut M&M's I haven't had them in years!
My lunch later a nice 14oz ribeye, just looking at it is making my mouth water!

Just need to look around for some decent in ear headphones for about £80 as mine have worn out. I think I'll be getting some Thinksound ts02 as they seem to be quality.

Well considering my local branch of HMV is selling everything at upto 70% off i'm fairly certain we wont be seeing HMV back at all, atleast game kept all their stock when they went into administration so when the got out of it then they still had things to sell :/

But to be fair, i'd much rather see game disappear from the high street than HMV (not because of prices or choice, but because it ewas a nice place to go to and have a look at what i want to buy... elsewhere at a more reasonable price, they killed themselves at the end of the day, too stuck in their ways of fixed prices and rarely re-evaluating stock to compete with online stores such as amazon)

Anywho, here's what i've bought;

Trigun Badlands rumble Bluray for £10
a collection of war films with a bridge too far and the great escape £4
Family guy season 11 for £5
Nicolas cage film Trespass Bluray for £4

I saw Darker than black season 2 for £18 still.... it was the only series with more than 1 dvd still on the shelf, i'm just gutted i didnt hear about the sale sooner,otherwise i'd have raced to town to buy atleast half of the anime section and games section myself.

Just searching online for DTB S2 at a reasonable price, just seeing it on the shelf has rekindled my love for season 1

Back