Your viewing journal

Death Note eps 16-27

The way they handled the "new Kira" storyline was far more inventive than I expected. Really felt like they were bringing the series up to the boil at exactly the right time, for a real barnstorming finish. And that's what it would have had... if it had actually finished at the end of its second cour. I wasn't actually 100% happy with how they brought about the event in episode 25 (imo L is somewhat clutching at straws by wanting so desperately to test the "13 day" rule. He has no logical reason to believe the other rules but mistrust that one, except that he is so anxious for his one working theory to be correct), but apart from that small detail everything was way above my expectations. I don't think the series could have had a more spectacular and fulfilling ending. In comparison, L's successors have all the feelings of a standard shounen need-to-extend-series-so-just-repeat-stuff-you've-done-before scenario, and I'm not looking forward to this last cour so much.

Also, the OTT fujoshi pandering in ep 25 was so out of character for the show that it was a little offputting. On one hand I half want to think that there are lots of examples of this with female characters in other shows that I just brush off as acceptable entertainment, on the other hand this felt like it was on a different level than that, due to the randomness.

Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector - Episodes 12 & 13

There was a lot going in episode 13, things are getting very interesting for the second half of the series.

Death Note eps 28-32 - Yeah, I think the show is starting to come apart at the seams a little. Near is just a more annoying, less charismatic version of L, who relies even more on making sweeping assumptions based on coincidence and what would fit his theory best. Mello is a bit more interesting in his "what would Light have been like if he'd been raised to be L" role. Mikami is just a total plot device, fun, but just more evidence that the story is being dragged out. Bringing Takada back was definitely the best thing they've done, even though she wasn't in it that much before she still feels like a lot more of a "character" than the other new additions.

Madoka Magica ep 3 - Show just moved through the gears. And you know it's still just warming up.

GOSICK ep 3 - Better mystery/sleuthing, and more of Victrollique ftw.

Hourou Musuko ep 2 - Just an amazingly well constructed show. Absolutely full to the brim with emotion.

Kimi ni Todoke S2 ep 2 - Mwahahahaha, new guy is going to be fun. Apart from that, shipping Yano/Pin is still as entertaining as ever.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Fractale episode 2

Damn, those guys are definetly team rocket, I mean ballon ships and pitfall traps :lol: I can't decide who's big brother yet though.

I thought I was the only one... wow, episode 2 was great shame all the shows this season will end around 10-13 episodes.

Madoka Magica Episode 3 - It was so unexpecting the director had to apologize for the episode itself but to be honest, I wouldn't of done it any better.

Mami's talk with Madoka throughout the witch portal had me question her attitude , When Mami revealed her past to Madoka and her mood towards her and Homura, I felt that she was a bit mental and showing a bit of villainy and then something very unexpecting happened and it was very well done. Current stand out episode of the season

Hourou Musuko episode 2 - It is fantastic so far, I think my small gripe is that I sometimes don't know which character is which.
Sometimes Chizuru reminds me of a young Hotori Arashiyama.

Infinite Stratos episode 3 - *sigh* Another harem centric episode that teases me at the end of it, reeks averageness.

Kimi Ni Todoke Season 2 episode 2 - Kento looks to be an interesting fun character, i'm glad that there was a good bit of Sawako and Shouta interaction in this episode. Can't wait for the next one!

Wolveranime episode 2 - Is it me or is Yukio's character design pretty terrible, everyone looks good except her.

Again its enough to keep me watching, its still miles better than Iron Man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reevothemusefan said:
Madoka Magica Episode 3 - It was so unexpecting the director had to apologize for the episode itself
Heh, have been well behind on reading stuff this week, didn't know that. Makes no sense, though, since they warned people before the series started that it was going to be a bit dark and Grimm.

Hourou Musuko episode 2 - It is fantastic so far, I think my small gripe is that I sometimes don't know which character is which.
Yup, I have had to pay very close attention to this show, lots of characters and different ways for other characters to refer to them.

How weird, when the "official" company line was saying the exact opposite. :s He doesn't need to apologize for the episode, he just needs to apologize for being an idiot on twitter, lol. edit: ah, reading his twitter (unless he said something else on a blog or something), this is kind of what he does. Fair enough.

ilmaestro said:
How weird, when the "official" company line was saying the exact opposite. :s He doesn't need to apologize for the episode, he just needs to apologize for being an idiot on twitter, lol.

I think the Otakus were only upset simply because it turned out not to be a moe show afterall

CloudedMinds said:
ilmaestro said:
How weird, when the "official" company line was saying the exact opposite. :s He doesn't need to apologize for the episode, he just needs to apologize for being an idiot on twitter, lol.

I think the Otakus were only upset simply because it turned out not to be a moe show afterall
?? It's plenty moe for me. I didn't much "like" Mami, anyway, haha.

Back